Thursday, August 16, 2012

Governor Robert Bentley, SCGOP

It's a great privilege to be asked to photograph our governor. And the Shelby County SCGOP invited me back again this year as photographer for their annual Reagan-Lincoln Dinner which featured Governor Robert Bentley. Also honored was Shelby County's Republican of the Year, The Honorable Mike Hubbard. The event was held at The American Village in Montevallo on July 20, 2012. I loved this year's location. It lent itself to a very intimate, yet regal event.

 



I arrived early and was able to get some fun shots of some of the wonderful folks who put on this grand affair, folks I now refer to as friends having had the pleasure of working with them many times over the years.


American Village is made up of many buildings and the event was so that different building housed different events throughout the night. Of course the building I was in all evening-being that I was working- was the President's House, where I wore my photographer hat for the night. My sweet friend, Charnita occupied me. Here she is in front of the President's Home.


Getting prepared:
 
 
 


The governor's motorcade arrives outside the door:


Chairman Freddy Ard welcomes the Governor...


And now it's time for some official shots:
 
 


Afterward photos there was time for some hors d'oeuvres and drinks, and good company...
 
 
 


Hors d'oeuvres are served!


Before the night was over, Governor Bentley so kindly had his picture taken with me.....photographed by my friend and photographer herself, Charnita.
 
 

1 comment:

4thelove! said...

Fabulous shot....Love the dress!